MSU Zoom Support Page (Includes Telephone Support)
Zoom is a platform for video and audio conferencing, mobile collaboration, and simple online meetings.
Zoom is accessible on
- iOS (iPhone / iPad)
- Conventional Telephone (audio only)
Connecting by Computer:
- You will be emailed a link to the webinar. When you click the link it will take you to the Zoom website and then will launch the application.
- If you were only given the Meeting ID (i.e. 765 745 439), browse to www.zoom.us/join and enter the Meeting ID. Click Join.
- For first-time Zoom users, you will be prompted to install the Zoom software. This is a small download and should take a few minutes.
- Once the software loads, enter your name and click Join to enter the webinar.
Connecting by Handheld Device:
- First you will need to download the app for you device - iOS: iTunes, Android: Google Play.
- Launch the Zoom app, select Join a Meeting. Enter the Zoom Meeting ID, your name, then Join. You will now be connected to the meeting.
- If you see a red X next to the speaker above Audio, you will have to first tap on the Audio button, then select call using internet audio. This will connect sound. Please be sure that you mute your microphone or you may create feedback for the meeting.
Connecting by Polycom:
- Start your Polycom system as usual and make a call. Type in our IP address: 188.8.131.52 and press Call.
- At the Zoom screen, you will need to enter the Zoom Meeting ID. Press # to enable the keypad, then type in the ID number, then # again to join the meeting.
- You will now be connected to the meeting. To mute or unmute audio, or change the video layout, activate the Zoom menu by pressing # and then 1.
Connecting by Telephone:
- Dial a local number. Please see https://zoom.us/zoomconference for a list of dial-in numbers by countries
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided to you by the host
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID - Press # to skip